Friday 4 January 2013

Happy 2013!

I hope you have all had a wonderful New Years, whatever you decided to do for it (: 
New year is always the place to spend quality time with your nearest and dearest, and in my case I spent it with the rest of the Gough clan. It's not very often I get to see my cousin Abbi and my uncle and auntie (pretty much only twice a year!) so it was really lovely to welcome in 2013 with them. 
My uncle is a member of his local social club which were doing their own little do, complete with cheesy disco! It's been a while since I've been out for a good boogie so it was all good fun. 
I always find it a little difficult to dress for this ocassion because I don't want to overdress but I don't want to look like a bore, it's new years afterall! I kept it pretty plain with my trusted plain black t shirt from Primark (£2) and this black and gold fair skirt, also from Primark (£5)
  I really like this skirt, it's got an elasticated waist and is really soft to touch. It got printed gold flowers all over it (which shimmer) so It gave my otherwise pretty casual outfit, a more party like feel. I've found a couple of other alternatives that would also spice up your outfit.
Spend 
Gold Jacquard Skater Skirt- Miss Selfridge £35.00 £15.00
Splurge 
Flower Embroided Full Skirt- Topshop £40.00

I also wore plain black tights that you can pretty much buy anywhere, and nude/ gold studded heels. I also added some gold jewellry to co ordinate with the gold flowers on the skirt, and a light quilted black clutch bag with cream and gold brooch.


Just a re-cap!
- Long Sleeve, Plain Black T Shirt- Primark £2.00
- Black & Gold Flowered Skater Skirt- Primark £5.00
- Light Brown Stud Back Heels- New Look- A gift, however the stud back wedges  are £29.99 and the stud back platform shoe boots are also £29.99 
- Black and Gold Detail Clutch Bag- Primark , also a gift but to my knowledge is £6.00 
XXX
   

1 comment:

  1. I'm in love with those studded heels!
    fashionfelineforever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete