Hey guys, here’s a look I put together to meet some friends I hadn’t seen in far too long for Bella Italia and drinks.
I did a goldy browny smokey eye using my Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV, this was originally around £40 from Urban Decay at Debenhams - as far as I know they don’t carry it anymore but you might be able to find one knocking around Ebay or somewhere!
I used Baked, Bust, Sin and Midnight rodeo:
|Swatches of Urban Decay eyeshadows in Baked, Bust, Sin and Midnight Rodeo (Left to right)|
Baked is a gorgeous shimmery, brassy gold with orangey undertones, ‘Bust’ is a really soft, satin medium brown with pinky-purpley undertones, ‘Sin’ is a beautiful soft shimmery rose pink, and ‘Midnight rodeo’ is a shimmery medium brown with glitter particles.
Here’s what I did:
- Smoothed some Urban Decay Primer Potion (in Original - £14.50) over my eyelid with my finger, as I find that UD shadows work best and last longer with their primer underneath.
- Packed Baked onto my lid with a packing brush, and really layered it up to get a strong colour, all the way from my lash line to my socket line.
- Blended Bust into the outer corners and about half way across my socket line with my trusty Mac 239, winging it out slightly.
- Took some Bust underneath the eye to add some definition.
- Tight-lined my upper waterline in a black eyeliner (Smolder by Mac - £14.00) and a really thin line of a dark brown kohl (Black Brown by Elizabeth Arden) on the top lash line, which I really smudged out and blended up into the shadow.
- If I could find my nude kohl pencil I would have used this on my lower waterline!
- Finished off with plenty of black mascara (Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama - £7.99)
- and just a touch of Urban Decay Sin as a highlight on my brow bone, blended down into the shadow underneath with a clean 239.
And here’s my face!
I went for my current favourite pinky nude lipstick –
(£14.00) and topped off with a super thick, light-reflecting gloss: Angel Food Cake by Bare Minerals, as it’s so
wet looking and glossy (if a little sticky!). Hue
I wore one of my new black shift dresses (as discussed here) with lacy shoulder panels and ¾ sleeves.
I let my hair fall loose in my usual messy natural curls and finished off the look with my trusty black heeled shoe boots (New Look).
Thanks for reading guys I hope you liked the look! What are your plans for the weekend??