Wednesday 3 April 2013

MUA Nails & Fur Effects!


Afternoon guys, it's Jenn here (: 
Firstly, I hope you all had an absolutely lovely Easter bank holiday! Unfortunately, I was at work all day Friday, Saturday and Monday so I couldn't enjoy it as much as I would of liked. However, I did get the Sunday to scoff my face, spend some quality time with my parents and bake my heart out. 

L-R Top to Bottom- chocolate hamper from my mum and dad, my hot cross muffins, my chocolate and oreo brownies, and my sweet gift bags from Rosie and Maisy!
 Right, on with the show! I have some spare time this morning/ afternoon so I thought I'd review these two little products from MUA. The first is a new shade of nail varnish called Natural Days. I actually bought this because I thought it would be a perfect pairing with the Fluffy Puff Fur Effects, which is the second product i'm reviewing! 

 Quite a straightforward review here. 
 Pro's
  • A lovely, on trend, ice cream shade of pink.
  • Highly pigmented. I applied two coats but it really didn't need it at all. 
  • Fast drying. 
  • Hard to chip. I've done loads of house work today and my nails can't usually take it but it's all still on.
  • £1!  
Con's
  • The brush appears to be made out of plastic, and the bristles don't create a very nice feeling on the nail. 
  • Because of the above, makes quite a few track lines so you have to make extra effort to cover them. 
 
I do think this is a great varnish for the price, I actually can't believe I only paid a pound for it. I've paid much more for other varnishes that haven't been half as good as this so i'll definitely be trying the other shades (:
 
I've wanted one of these the second I knew they were being released and I visited my local Superdrug for weeks until they stocked it. It's taken me this long to review it because I worried I was going to be disappointed with it, which is the case for most products that have been hyped up. But alas, I love it! 
First of all, it's so simple to apply. MUA say to apply two coats of your nail varnish and then, either, shake some powder into the lid or take off the sifter and use it straight from the pot. I was feeling wild this morning so I chose the latter. 
I applied it to an accent nail instead of covering each and every one of my nails because I didn't want to go overboard. I'm impressed with the effect. It isn't too garish, messy and dried instantly so I didn't have to wait around for ages trying not to touch anything. 
I also fretted about what would happen when I washed up or got into the bath and shower, would it go all soggy and look absolutely revolting? It didn't, it hardly made any change to it at all actually and, again, dried instantly. 
 
 (Please ignore the state of my hands and fingers, work does bad things to them!) 
 Overall, I am very happy with both of these products and I can't to get my mits on the other shades in both collections. 
 
XXX
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! This look is so cute I am going to have to buy both. I like the idea of doing a feature nail; I think the fur might look a bit too much on every finger. The nail polish addiction continues...
    xx

    http://stylemouth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shade of the nail polish and that fur effect is so different, I actually like it! It all reminds me of cotton candy haha great post(:

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete