Monday 11 February 2013

BE MINE? Valentine's- Part Two


Hello Lovelies, it's Jenn (:
So last week I wrote a post about Valentine's gifts/baked goodies and I thought I would continue today into part two- the looks. I've never been out for Feb 14th, and if you read part one you'd see that i'm not a massive fan of it, so it was a be difficult to choose different outfits but I hope i've done well, let me know! 

The English Rose- Theatre Trip 

 White Ruffled Dress- Topshop
Cream & Rose Cardigan- Primark 
Floral Bag- Topshop 


 Make Up


For my make up, I used my trusty MUA Undressed Palette, Clinique Blushing Blush Powder in Sunset Glow, Clinique Chubby Stick in Plushest Punch, Diorshow Mascara by Dior, Body Shop Virgin Mineral Liquid Foundation in Shade 105/Rose Ivory, Benefit POREfessional, Technic High Lights & a eyeliner pencil in plum (non branded).

To prep, I put a pea sized amount of Porefessional all over my face, focusing more on my lids and around my eyes. I brushed blusher onto my checkbones and up towards my temples. You don't have to apply it that high but I advise you to if you have puffy skin around your eyes because it makes it less noticable. 
For my eyes, I loaded my eyeshadow brush with Shade 2 from the Undressed Palette and brushed it all across my lid. I then lightly applied Shade 1 just under my brows to widen my eyes and blended heavily. Next, I applied a darker rose shimmer (Shade 9) into the crease and blended as much as I could, I then made a wing shape with the same shade and connected it to the outer corner of my eye. I penciled in a line (you don't have to be too neat) and then blended that into my lash line, top and bottom. I then applied one coat of Diorshow mascara.

For my lips, I wanted a bright pop of rosy colour so I chose Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Plushest Pink. Sophie bought me this after I was lusting after it for ages. I'll do a proper review of this in a later post but I do love it and you should definitely invest in one.




The Retro- Lunch Date 


Red Skirt- Vintage 



Make Up

 Products Used-
MUA Undressed Palette, Clinique Blushing Blush Powder in Sunset Glow, Maxfactor Colour Effect Flipstick in Gispy Red, Diorshow Mascara by Dior, Body Shop Virgin Mineral Liquid Foundation in Shade 105/Rose Ivory, Benefit POREfessional, Technic High Lights & a eyeliner pencil in plum (non branded) 

I used the same make up as the look above so have a read there to see how I did it (:
  The only thing I changed was my lip colour which was one of Maxfactor's Flipsticks in Gipsy Red. I really love these lipsticks, as you've pretty much got 3 shades in one. Mine comes in with a coral/pink and a gold shimmer. To apply just sweep the pink across your lips and then apply the gold just in the middle for a subtle look. I'll do a proper review in a later post (: 






 Hair

Now, I apologise for the photo quality, I understand it's the dreaded mirror photo but I couldn't get a decent photo of my hair otherwise (it's still not that decent). 
If you look closely then you'll notice the heart shaped rolls at the top of my head, I'll definitely do a proper tutorial post on this later in the week because it's a really lovely style and suprisingly easy. 

Basically, all you have to do is section your hair front to back and side to side so you have 4 sections. Kirby grip the back 2 sections just either side of your parting. Roll one back section into a sausage and then grip the ends, do it again on the other side. Repeat with the front two sections so eventually you'll end up with two sausage rolls either side your parting. 

The Sultry- Cocktail Bar Date



 
 Two Tone Colour Block Blazer- Primark
Lace Black Bralet- Primark
Black Wet Look Leggings- River Island 


Make Up 

 Products Used-
MUA Undressed Palette, Clinique Blushing Blush Powder in Sunset Glow, Black Liquid Eyeliner (non branded), Diorshow Mascara by Dior, Body Shop Virgin Mineral Liquid Foundation in Shade 105/Rose Ivory, Benefit POREfessional, Technic High Lights & Maxfactor Colour Effect Flipstick in Gipsy Red

For my eyes, the only product I used was lqiquid eyeliner so a clean and dramatic look. Feline flicks are pretty timeless and go perfectly with that sexy/sultry outfit you've picked out. If you don't have a steady hand, don't try and do it all in one go. Do half the line, starting from the inner corner and stop in the centre. Join the line up from the outer corner and flick it up (I find this easier to do with my eye open, rather than closing it). 

I didn't change my lip colour from the previous look but I would definitely pick a bricky red. Sleek do a lovely shade called Dare which you should definitely look out for. 


Simple Elegance- The Dinner Date 




Thin Black Jumper- Primark
Burgundy Maxi Skirt- Primark 
Burgundy Wedges- Matalan 


So, there are you go. These are my 4 ideal Valentine's date looks. If you've got any of your own that would you like to share, then get in touch!
XXX

15 comments:

  1. I found your blog from when you followed me and oh my gosh, I'm in love haha! I think you deserve more followers on here; I adore both your styles :-)
    -Kirsten x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, this is such a lovely comment! Xxx

      Delete
  2. these are such gorgeous outfits! such great ideas :)
    great post
    xx

    http://be-lieveinyou-rself.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your makeup looks lovely xx

    1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these outfits!! Especially the dress from the 'theatre' look and the retro lunch date :) Just wanted to let you know that I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Award over on my blog :)

    Aimée xx
    dress-it-up-6.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! We're filling it in at this very moment (we've nominated you too (; )xxx

      Delete
  5. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! :) Check out my latest blog post for details.

    Love Char_Beyy xxx
    http://charbeyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how quirky your style is, the dress in particular is just amazing!

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much :) the dress I got for £4.50 from topshop, it had been reduced from £99 because there was a tiny rip down the middle which I stitched back up. Bargain!

      Delete
  7. The sheer oxblood maxi and the black sweater is my fave, and that white dress is gorgeous. Loving your red hair too :)

    -Ezi

    ikintoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it loads, I've got a silver glitter skirt too :) & thank you!

      Delete