Tuesday 15 January 2013

Lush Review- Best Wishes

I know i'm a bit late reviewing this christmas gift pack but i've only just used all the products and I wanted to properly test them out before reviewing them. 
I got this from my dearest Rosie, and the first thing that sprang to mind was how beautifully packaged it is! Lush are always so fantastic at wrapping their gifts, and this one came with a white 3d star wrap and festive red ribbon which I kept :)

(image courtesy of Lush!)
 Inside this little box of goodies were 'So White' bath bomb, 'Snowcake' soap and 'Melting Snowman' bath melt, all very festive. I'm a massive fan of Lush, I literally have a box full of it but i've never used any of the christmas collections so I was quite excited to try them all out. 


So White Bath Bomb

I was really impressed by the size of this. I've read a few comments from other people that they thought it wasn't big enough but as you can see from the top photo, it's pretty much the size of my hand so it was all good for me. This is a purely white bath bomb from the outside and smelt like an apple orchard, quite floral as well. Lush have cramed this full of lovely stuff, like bergmot oil, rose absolute, orange flower and neroli oil (a kind of a bittery orange smell) but despite all that orange, it doesn't smell that much of citrus. 

Lush state that you throw this at the side of your bath, which I don't suggest unless you want your bath tub stained with this bubblegum pink centre! I was shocked at this little surprise because I know that the old 'So Snow' was just white, but it really added to the experience as it turned the water a pretty pastel pink (: 

would I buy it again? Most definitely! It gives off a strong appley fragrance which I could still smell on my skin for hours later, made a slight foam which other bath bombs don't seem to, and it was so moisturizing and soothing to my skin. The only thing I was disappointed by was the underwhelming fizz when I put it in the bath (maybe I should of thrown in!) 

 price? Individually 'So White' was £3.25, I do think it was worth it because I wanted to use it again after it had gone and I think anything that makes you want more is worth spending for. However, this bath bomb is unavaliable now, so i'll have to wait till the end of the year to purchase it again! 

Snowcake Soap


I was a bit apprehensive about using this first, firstly because of the shape because i'm not a massive fan of star shaped soaps (often in gift sets), I find it difficult to hold and prefer the handy triangle ones. Secondly, because of that gold lustre that adorns the top of it, as I didn't want to be stained with it after every use. However, the shimmery stuff doesn't stick at all, and washes off after first use so that wasn't too bad. Lush state that this smells of almonds and mazipan, it does ever so slightly but it's not a very strong smelling soap and it's not quite bakewell tart, but something I really can't put my finger on.

would I buy it again? I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it, if it came in another gift set then of course i'd use it, but there's just something about it that is quite underwhelming. Not only this but it melts SO easily, it was already melting before I took it out of the box so along with that gold top, it's quite a messy one to handle. Hasn't really knocked my socks off, as much as I thought it would. 

price?  £3.25/100g. The soap in my set was pre-cut at 90g though so I'm not really sure. 



The Melting Snowman Bath Melt 

When I first opened my box I couldn't wait to try out this adorable little fellow. I've used a couple of bath melts before and I haven't been totally won over by them so I wasn't totally sold at first but he's cute, so I welcomed him with an open mind.
I know it's supposed to look melted but judging by the look of them on the Lush website, mine looks a little more deformed than usual. Also, his head fell off as soon as I picked him up so they don't hold together very well either. Anyway! Apparently, this is one of the most popular christmas fragrances, described as 'Hot Toddy'. I wouldn't quite describe it as that, more of a subtle (and I mean subtle) christmas spice fueled by all that cocoa and shea butter, cinnamon and patchouli oil (quite a herby smell).
Despite all this, I was determined to love him so I placed him in my bath whilst in ran and then returned to what looked like a vat of milk, he is white after all but it's still quite a daunting sight. 

would I buy this again? No, probably not. Why? Because he fell apart the second I touched him, the chocolate drops melted into my bath water, I had his little ginger stem nose floating about, he doesn't smell that powerful, there no foam or bubbles so I was just bathing in milky white water, hmm. He does look good though, kinda.

price? £1.95, to be honest it's not a bad price and it's one of the cheapest bath melts going but I just can't bring myself to use him again, sorry ): 

OVERALL: I know I probably haven't sold it, but it is a lovely gift. It's especially worth it for all that pretty packaging which you can keep and for the 'So White' bath melt which is one the most impressive ballistics that i've used. The soap is nice little product, and i'm glad that i've tried it because I wanted to and I would use again if it came in another set but I wouldn't go in looking to purchase it individually. The only thing that let it down is that little devil snowman ): 

Keep reading for another christmas gift set review called 'Festive Fiesta', soon! 
XXX


No comments:

Post a Comment